Registration for 'A Discussion About Concussion'
Greater Regional Rehabilitation Services and Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa along with SWCC are excited to bring to the community the workshop, A Discussion About Concussion.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, July 18th, 2018, from 5:30pm to 8:00pm in SWCC's Instructional Center Room 180.
This workshop is open to the public and welcomes nurses, EMS personnel, coaches, school officials, parents, and community members!
A few topics to be discussed will be:
- The significance of concussions
- Discuss signs and symptoms of a concussion along with the definition of a concussion
- Discuss how/why the Iowa Concussion Consortium (ICC) was developed and the valuable resources available for proper concussion management
- Learn where REAP came from and how to utilize REAP as a tool for concussion management
- Discuss potential lasting effects of concussions and rehab indications for long term sucess
Continuing education certificates issued by SWCC for coaches and EMTs who attend.
Also, nursing continuing education hours issued by SWCC, who is IBON provider #9.
Registration is now closed.