Greater Regional Auxiliary
The Auxiliary has awarded health care scholarships for over 35 years. Scholarship criteria and application forms are available at all school guidance offices within eligible counties. All applications and accompanying materials must be submitted prior to April 1. Additional information/links below.
Auxiliary Scholarship Link
The Greater Regional Medical Center Auxiliary is a non-profit organization providing volunteer services for patients, staff and visitors.
Services and programs offered by the Greater Regional Auxiliary include:
Greater Regional Gift Connection
The Gift Connection features a lovely variety of gifts and one of a kind items, including baby items, greeting cards, stuffed animals, candy, seasonal and decorative items. Gift Connection Volunteers greet and serve customers. The Auxiliary sponsors the beverage and food vending machines located throughout the Greater Regional Medical Center campus.
The Greater Regional Medical Center Auxiliary currently funds annual scholarships to individuals who are pursuing health care careers. Applicants from Greater Regional's service region are invited to apply for the locally awarded scholarships.The Auxiliary also contributes towards a state IHERF (Iowa Health Education & Research Foundation) scholarship.
Auxiliary volunteers are the principle supporters of community bloodmobiles through the American Red Cross each year.
Safe Sitter is a medically oriented instructional program that teaches boys and girls ages 11 to 13 how to handle emergencies when caring for young children. The Auxiliary sponsors adult volunteer training with the National Safe Sitter program to qualify local volunteers to be Safe Sitter instructors. Safe Sitters learn: basic life-saving techniques; safety precautions to prevent accidents; how and when to summon help; & tips on basic child care
Fund Raising Projects
The Greater Regional Medical Center Auxiliary conducts a variety of fund raising efforts throughout the year including, but are not limited to:
- Annual Membership Drive Annual dues support Auxiliary-sponsored projects and services.
- Annual Meal Fund-Raiser Annually the Auxiliary invites the public to join them in raising funds to support their programs while enjoying a homemade meal.
- Merchandise Sales Purse, linen and jewelry sales and book fairs are some of the fund-raisers sponsored by the Auxiliary to meet their financial support goals.
- Annual Golf Tournament With the Greater Regional Healthcare Foundation, the Auxiliary sponsors an Annual Golf Tournament each spring to generate funds that support a variety of projects.
- Volunteer Education The Auxiliary emphasizes the value of continuing education for their Board members and volunteers. They regularly sponsor area/state conferences and other meetings.
- Public Relations As part of their ongoing effort to support all of Greater Regional's services and programs, Auxiliary members participate in area parades, local radio promotions, news releases, newsletters and other methods of providing information to the community.
The Greater Regional Auxiliary also provides baby spoons for each newborn at the Greater Regional Birthing Center and coloring books and crayons for our young patients. Sewing volunteers donate handmade caps and blankets for each newborn.
The Auxiliary Board and the Gift Connection Buying Committee meet the second Monday of every month. To become a member of the Greater Regional Medical Center Auxiliary, please call 641-782-3828.