Greater Regional Health is a Milk Depot!
Greater Regional Health is excited to be a vital part in helping the Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa receive and distribute surplus milk.
What is the Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa?
The Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa is an accredited member milk bank of the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). HMBANA is a professional association for supporters of non-profit donor human milk banking. In 2016 HMBANA banks dispensed 5.2 million ounces of donor milk to fragile infants in need.
In 2018, 85% of the milk donated to the Iowa Milk Bank was dispensed to 61 hospitals in 17 states.
How can you be a donor?
Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa appreciates all who are interested in donating, there are certain qualifications one has to pass in order to donate.
- Read pre-screening information
- Answer a verbal questionnaire
- Fill out a written questionnaire
- Allow your healthcare providers to be contacted
- Agree to a blood test
Also breast milk donors are:
- Not donating milk within 12 hours of alcohol consumption
- Not taking herbal supplements
- Willing to donate a minimum of 200 oz over entire lactation time
- Not taking medication other than those approved
Who do I contact if interest to donate?
For more information or schedule a donation drop please contact Tricia Williams, RN at 782-3519 and THANK YOU!