Transition in Test Iowa Program
The Test Iowa program will be transitioning from in-person COVID-19 testing to take home testing kits after July 16th, 2021. Take home testing kits for COVID-19 will be available at the Union County Public Health office starting July 19th, 2021.
To ensure availability, please call the Union County Public Health office at (641) 782-3545 to arrange a pickup time for the kit. The kits are free to all and come with detailed instruction, as well as a pre-paid label to the State Hygienic Lab. Once the test is mailed, results should be available within 3-4 days (the results will be given directly to the patient through Test Iowa).
Union County Public Health is here to assist with any questions regarding the take home kits. The process is:
1. The patient picks up a test kit from Union County Public Health.
2. The patient will complete the online survey at testiowa.com and will instruct the patient to activate the test kit by entering the test kit barcode ID.
3. The patient completes the test by following instructions for collecting a sample and packaging the sample.
4. The patient sends the test sample back to the State Hygienic Lab as soon as possible using a prepaid label included with the test kit.
5. The State Hygienic Lab receives the test sample within 72 hours and processes the sample.
6. The State Hygienic Lab provides the test results within 24 hours of receiving the sample. Results are provided via email to the patient.
If you are a patient of Greater Regional Primary Clinic and are not showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, patients will be able to schedule a test by a nurse visit. Call the Primary Care Clinic at (641) 782-2131.
If you are experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please seek medical attention.
Remember to plan ahead for any COVID-19 testing that may need to be done prior to traveling. Visit www.cdc.gov for details about travel and return to work guidelines with testing.