The SHIIP program is a free, objective information service provided by peer volunteers trained by the Iowa Department of Insurance who assist patients, families and staff in:
- Understanding Medicare benefit
- Organizing medical bills, Medicare statements, and filing Medicare claims
- Providing information on long-term care insurance policies
- Comparing and evaluating Medicare supplement policies & drug plans
- Recognizing Medicare fraud and abuse
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the SHIIP helpline at (641) 782-3848.
Leave your name and phone number and a SHIIP volunteer will return your call. You can also visit http://www.therightcalliowa.gov.